The essential Andean experience – combining classic destinations while offering the sophisticated traveler the opportunity to experience and authentically engage in a cultured Indigenous point-of-view.
Immerse yourself in the spirit of this Inca land. Discover the profoundly elegant simplicity of Andean people and celebrate their customs, cuisine, music and dance. Admire their arts. Delve into their philosophy; understand their history and way of life. Enrich your perspective. Confirm human quintessence.
Recommended for a profound unforgettable vacation that enhances the spirit.
- High end, well rounded, profound learning experience.
- Stay in Peru’s finest hotels.
- Engage in this rare opportunity combining ecological & conscience travel respecting the local land, people and customs with luxurious amenities and most importantly maintaining an authentic & profound cultural content.
- Savor exquisite Peruvian cuisine.
- Marvel at Machu Picchu, one of the new 7 wonders.
- Visit Cusco, capital of the vast Inca State, navel of the ancestral world
- Opportunity to join in our commitment in the diffusion, protection and celebration of the endangered Andean traditions and cultural heritage.
- Enrich your life. Expand your horizons.
Cusco…surrounded by magnificent mountain Apus and fertile valleys. The Sacred Valley of the Incas – where sacred corn grows and iridescent hummingbirds flutter by sprinkling us with their joy. The Andes… snow peaks soaring in the distance over charming communities, Inca sites, and quaint village markets. Llamas and pre-Columbian reflections. Pristine nature. Blossoming fushia and kantu flowers enticing us. Discover a profound heritage wrapped in layers of colorfully elegant wisdom and contemporary sophistication. The inspiration of world-class comforts and authentic Peruvian hospitality.
Late evening arrival to Lima. Overnight at the airport hotel.
After breakfast catch a morning flight to Cusco, where you will be greeted by your private Peru Cultural Journeys guide. Check into the hotel befroe enjoying a 20-minute scenic drive to explore pre-Columbian sites outside of Cusco including the sacred spring of Tambomachay, the lunar and solar observatories of Kenko, and megalithic Sacsayhuaman. You will be captivated by the introduction to Andean astronomy and sacred geometry, the foundation of Andean culture that will be expanded on each day of your journey. Enjoy lunch at one of Cusco’s fine restaurants recommended by your guide. In the afternoon stroll through the streets of Cusco, admire the Inca walls and visit the Plaza de Armas. Enjoy the late afternoon at leisure to rest or shop the lovely boutiques featuring high quality alpaca in contemporary designs. Private viewing of the Pre-Columbian Museum with pisco sours, followed by a special welcominmg dinner at MAP restaurant located in the lovely museum patio. Overnight in Cusco. B, L
Enjoy a 45 minute scenic drive to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Visit Kusi Kawsay School, an exceptional educational social project. After learning about the unique vision of Kusi Kawsay that combines Waldorf Pedagogy with Andean tradition, delight in the beautiful school grounds, dedicated teachers and happy children. Enjoy a traditional music and dance with Wiñay Taki Ayllu, a local group of musicians, artists and visionaries who have dedicated their lives to preserving their Andean culture. Explore Pisac’s colorful Traditional Indian Market before a lovely lunch at Cuchara de Palo restaurant. Drive to the Pisac archeological site where the staggering agricultural terrace work is among the most extensive in the area. The central astronomic and ceremonial area is widely acclaimed as some of the finest stonework. Continue on through the Sacred Valley to your hotel, and rest before a nice dinner out at El Huacatay restaurant.
Visit Ollantaytambo’s magnificent archeological site, learn about the Llama constellation and explore the town that was built in the shape of a corncob. Enjoy a spectacular two-hour train ride to Aguas Calientes on the luxurious Hiram Bingham train. Check into Inkaterra, and spend the afternoon exploring the exotic orchid garden, or indulge in a spa treatment. After dinner, get a good night’s rest in preparation for an early start to Machu Picchu the following morning.
Take the 20 min bus ride up to Machu Picchu. Upon arrival participate in a guided tour of the most important sectors of Machu Picchu. After lunch spend a few hours to sit, reflect on your own and revel in the natural beauty and ancient ruins. Take the bus back down for your overnight at Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner included)
Enjoy the whole day to explore Machu Picchu on your own. You may choose to hike Huayna Picchu, go to the Sun gate, or to the temple of the moon. Return to Inkaterra for an afternoon of activities on the lovely hotel grounds. Overnight at Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.
Morning train back to Cusco on the Hiram Bingham train. Lunch on the train. Spend the afternoon visiting the main pre-Colombian Inca Temple, Coricancha. Enjoy a farewell dinner out in Cusco. Overnight in Cusco.
Morning flight to Lima. Visit the Larco Herrera museum followed by a lunch at the museum. Go to Miraflores afternoon stroll overlooking the sea befreo you depart for the airport to catch your night flight home. (Breakfast included)
- Starting from :$3,754
- 6 – 12 people :$3,450
- 3 – 5 people :$3,754
- Exclusive travel :$4,050
The cost of our tour is in U.S. dollars per person.
* Prices per person based on double occupancy – single supplement available.
* Taxes may apply.
* Programs and Prices are subject to change and availability.
* Not applicable on some dates/holiday season.
Included: Our tour package includes
- All ground transportation upon arrival to Lima airport
- Domestic flights in Peru
- A professional English speaking native guide
- Entrance fees to all historical sites
- Delicious Peruvian cuisine when included on itinerary
- Luxury accommodations.
- International airfare
- Airport taxes, travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Any tips or donations
- Meals that are not included on itinerary
- Any snacks or beverages not included at mealtime.
- We specialize in weaving our journeys for travelers, therefore we do not have set dates. Please contact us directly to check availability.