Do I need a passport and visa?

A valid passport is required for trip registration. We have to have your passport information prior to the trip so that we can make reservations for your hotel rooms, train tickets and for your stay with us at the Pisac Inn. Your passport should be valid for at least six months.

No visa is necessary for citizens of the United States. Other nationalities must verify whether a visa is required. You will be given a tourist visa card (TAM) upon arrival in Lima, that you are required to return upon departure. It is a small, white piece of paper. DON’T LOSE THIS!! You will be required to show it during your travels in Peru at every hotel. It is required by Emigration when you prepare to leave Peru. You will give it to the airport emigration official.