The Sacred Valley, Cusco & Machu Picchu
9 days / 8 nights
Savor the ambiance of the Sacred Valley. Find yourself surrounded by breathtaking scenery and exploration of the Inca legacy through its Quechua descendants. Visit ancient sites, colorful markets, and partake in an ancient living culture rooted in agriculture. Immerse yourself in the spirit of this Inca land. Discover the elegant simplicity of Andean people and celebrate their customs, cuisine, art, music, and dance. Learn about their philosophy; understand their history and way of life. Walk the ancient pathways and enrich your perspective. This unforgettable cultural immersion experience is sure to enhance your spirit.
The Andes… where sacred corn grows and iridescent hummingbirds emanate their joy. The Andes… snow peaks soaring in the distance over charming communities, Inca sites, and quaint village markets. The Andes… a profound heritage wrapped in layers of colorfully elegant wisdom and contemporary sophistication. The Andes… the inspiration of authentic Peruvian hospitality.
Destinations: The Sacred Valley, Cusco & Machu Picchu
Description: High altitude, mountainous terrain with scenic drives, walks and day hikes. Details depend on special interest focus for some programs.
Altitudes: Cusco 11,200 ft, Pisac 10,000 ft, Machu Picchu 7,500 ft, Amaru 10,500 ft, Lake Titicaca, 12,000 ft.
Length: 9 days / 8 nights, customizable
Category: Boutique (3 star level) or Luxury (4 - 5 star)
Available: Small Group or Private Group
Pace: Moderate, with time for relaxation
Interests: Cultural & Culinary, Andean Heritage including textiles and music, Spirituality & Worldview, Sacred Geometry, Astronomy & Agronomy
Dates: We specialize in weaving hand-tailored journeys, so if you are interested in a Private Group with a customized program, please contact us to check availability and coordinate dates. Our Small Group trips have set dates with set programs.
Extensions: Add on extensions if you want to explore more areas of Peru. View all extensions here.
Travel Information: Click here for more information and FAQs.
Most of our trips are based out of Pisac Inn on the historic plaza of Pisac in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Small and comfortable, our boutique hotel is charming, full of artistic details and old world flair that celebrate local Andean heritage. Staying at Pisac Inn offers a unique travel experience, and settling into your room for the duration of your stay with no packing and unpacking allows you to create a personal relationship to the local land and people. pisacinn.com/ For the Luxury category 4 – 5 star hotels will be selected.
Unucha Spa Treatments
Treatments inspired by the ancestral legacy of Andean pre-Columbian healing tradition offer a unique opportunity for deep relaxation and personal reflection. Try the herbal bath and massage combo. Reservations are required and we suggest making appointments ahead of time because space is limited. Treatments are not included in tour price. Unucha Spa
Socially Responsible Tourism
This opportunity to travel with a Socially Responsible Travel company adds value to your travel experience. Please see our Sustainability Section to learn more about our vision, our commitment to socially and environmentally responsible tourism, our cultural projects, and our international certifications.
This is a unique opportunity to visit and engage with a traditional community that is preserving their ancestral Andean way of life. The wisdom of the Amaru community members is the inspiration of the Kusi Kawsay Association.
Kusi Kawsay Andean School
This is a unique opportunity to visit a social project that is making a huge impact on educational models by empowering youth, protecting the environment, and by advocating for human rights and social justice.
Peruvian cuisine is a highlight of all our trips, especially those based out of Pisac Inn that include meals with exclusive daily set menus that are creatively designed and prepared by our chef at the Inn’s renowned restaurant, Cuchara de Palo, The Wooden Spoon. We use the finest local products with the clear intention of exploring the richness of Peruvian cuisine, while celebrating the diversity of legendary and nutritious ingredients that are fresh, organic and native of Peru. cucharadepalorestaurant.com
Sitting down for a lovely meal, including a soup or salad, main course, dessert and beverage is one of the trip highlights, with no dish repeated. On trips not based out of Pisac Inn we select the finest restaurants that are part of Peru’s culinary explosion and foodie scene. We love food, and invite you to savor Peru’s culinary explosion.
- Vegetarian and special diet menu available
- Beer, wine and cocktails are available, but are not included in tour price
- Meals not included in program will be at restaurants recommended by your guide
- Engage in this rare opportunity for authentic social interaction and cultural participation.
- Experience the Sacred Valley of the Incas stepping back in time, visiting the finest archeological sites, picturesque villages and colorful markets.
- Savor exquisite Peruvian cuisine and experience the exciting culinary explosion.
- Witness small town life in the Sacred Valley while staying at the charming Pisac Inn, or a selection of luxury hotels.
- Enjoy daily excursions with in-depth educational stories and the expertise of local native guides with their indigenous voice.
- Visit a traditional community and participate in their communal workday, a first hand cultural perspective that deepens appreciation of Quechua history and social life.
- Marvel at Machu Picchu, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Explore Cusco, capital of the vast Inca state and navel of the ancestral world.
- Join in our commitment to the preservation, protection and celebration of endangered Andean traditions and cultural heritage. Traveling with us directly supports sustainable tourism and cultural projects.
- Small group prices starting from $2,100 dollars per person for a minimum of 8 passengers; pricing according to special interest focus of the set program, and the set price is listed
- Private group prices are determined upon request, and are based on number of travelers, time of year, and final customized itinerary
- Once the trip is booked by submitting on online Booking Form, and the down payment is made, you will receive a digital Travel Pack with detailed information, including a recommended reading list and a packing list
- The cost of tour is in U.S. dollars per person
- Small group sizes are minimum 8 & maximum 12 passengers; private groups can be any size, and will be priced accordingly
- Prices per person are based on double occupancy - a single room has an additional cost, upon availability
- Customize your trip with hotel upgrades, add on special events, activities, and extensions
- Taxes may apply
- Programs and prices are subject to change and availability, and may not be applicable on some dates and holiday seasons
- Airport transfers and all ground transportation upon arrival to Cusco in a private tourist level vehicle
- Private, specialized, professional, English speaking native guides on excursions and during special events
- Entrance fees to all historical sites on daily excursions
- Cultural events with local Andean specialists
- Fresh, organic meals celebrating Peruvian cuisine as on program
- Charming accommodations, standard double occupancy
- Visit our Social Projects: The Kusi Kawsay Andean School & Kusi Ñan Organic Farm, exceptional educational projects that honor Andean tradition with elements of Waldorf pedagogy
- Visit Apu Runawana Weaving Society in the traditional community of Amaru
- Tourist class train from Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Tourist class bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Overnight in Aguas Calientes 1 night, standard double occupancy
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Special events and activities not included in program
- Spa treatments
- Tips or donations
- Meals eaten out as indicated on program
- Snacks or beverages not included at mealtime
Special Interest Immersion Series
These trips are based on our Authentic Andean Journey with a special interest focus. The same itinerary, with slight variations, includes extra events and activities for a deeper cultural immersion travel experience.
Below are sample ideas, which can be handcrafted to your personal travel interests and travel style.
Special interest focus:
Designed for students to experience the excitement of becoming part of the new culture at hand. Participate in the varied components that make this an educational experience of a lifetime: hands on participation in educational, cultural and agrarian service projects, cultural exchange with local students, language classes, special events and guided reflections combined with visits to archeological sites, including Machu Picchu. This unique opportunity to authentically engage in an indigenous point of view opens doors to new perspectives.
Music & Dance
Special Interest Focus:
Celebrate the essence of Andean culture through the wealth of its legendary music. Become intrigued by the sounds, notes, vibrations, flutes in all shapes and sizes, swirling skirts, and panpipes that transport you to another dimension. Explore the authentic music that intrinsically imparts Andean worldview through a native perspective—an ethno-musical journey to the heart of Peru.
Weaving Ancestral Paths
Special interest focus:
Peruvian weaving is one of the oldest and greatest contributions to world civilization, and it continues to evolve and flourish. Celebrate the essence of Andean culture through the wealth of its legendary textile art. Be intrigued by the back strap looms, techniques and natural plant dyes; astounding hues of purples and reds from prized cochinilla, and rare tones of blue. Explore the intrinsic patterns, symbols and designs through a native perspective —a journey to the heart of Andean worldview.
Read More …
“Traditional textile patterns honor Pachamama, Mother Universe, and express thankfulness for growth, regeneration and the idea of being related to the natural world.” Lucia C’Cana
Special interest focus:
Peru is one of the world’s most exciting culinary travel destinations, with an exquisite food scene. Celebrate the essence of Andean culture through the wealth of its legendary flavors and aromas. Become intrigued by the cultural and agricultural origins of food; purple potatoes, exotic amaranth, Incan quinoa. Explore the intrinsically agrarian Andean worldview through a native perspective—a culinary journey to the heart of food.
Peruvian Cultural Journey and Yoga Retreat
PERUVIAN CULTURAL JOURNEY AND YOGA RETREAT Peruvian Cultural Journey And Yoga Retreat October 6 -14, 2022 9 days / 8 nightsThe Sacred Valley, Cusco & Machu Picchuwith Yoga Instructor Sonya Luz CostanzaThis Andean cultural journey combined with a yoga retreat sets the stage for a profound cultural and personal experience. […]Read More …
Women’s Peruvian Journey
WOMEN’S PERUVIAN JOURNEY Women’s Peruvian Journey October 6 -14, 2022 9 days / 8 nightsThe Sacred Valley, Cusco & Machu Picchuwith Yoga Instructor Sonya Luz Costanza This Andean cultural journey combined with a yoga retreat sets the stage for a profound cultural and personal experience. Based out of the Pisac Inn […]Read More …
This is a unique opportunity to authentically experience the essence of ancient Andean culture. Walk gently along the pathways of origin in the Sacred Valley of Cusco, travel to the highest navigable lake of the world, Lake Titicaca, and visit the Islands of the Sun and Moon. This beautifully woven exploration into the Andean world through a native perspective combines visiting magnificent pre-Columbian archeological sites and exquisite Peruvian cuisine with profound cultural immersion events, allowing you to cultivate an intimate relationship to this land, its people and customs.Read More …